We Killed It On Our Bday Trip to Disney
In all honesty, I'm not a huge Disney fan. I do love Pooh Bear and I was Pocahontas for 3 months when I was 9 years old, but other than that, the last time I was at Disneyland was for my HS senior night.
I suddenly had desire to go to Disney, but there was no way I was going to pay $150 for a day surrounded by little screaming kids and a sea of people pushing me. Thank God I was blessed to have a friend who hooked me up with tickets. #blessed
I invited my friend Ashton who is also a Libra baby to join me - she actually threatened me to take her with. We showed up early (SUPER KEY) and were in the park by 8:30 AM ready to conquer. I have to say we killed it and had minimal wait times.
Here was our route:
1. Get your birthday pin - comes in clutch later - even if it's not your birthday...jk, kinda.
First ride in Tomorrowland...
2. Hyperspace Mountain - 10 minute wait. I honestly don't remember this ride because I was so excited to be there, but I do remember saying it was really cool after we were done.
3. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Waste of life. There wasn't even any real fish. Come on Nemo. Skip it. A little kid even started crying it was so terrible.
- Get your Fastpass for Indiana Jones -
4. Pirates of the Caribbean - pretty damn cool. Felt like I was in a pirate scene at night even though it was 10 AM.
5. Haunted Mansion - also pretty damn cool. A kid was so excited he licked the entire pole when we were waiting in line - good for the immune system.
- Get Fastpass for Splash Mountain - also don't forget to eat despite the excitement of Disney. Ashton's apple slices came in clutch here until we got some trash chicken nuggets from The Hungry Bear -
6. Indiana Jones - Always a win. I remember it being so cool 10 years ago and it still is. Also there is no photo in this ride so don't go asking someone where the photo station is...
- try to get a picture with Pooh Bear. He's V popular -
7. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride - only if you're a Pooh Bear fan...but who isn't?? Beware there are a lot of screaming children nearby.
- eat churro and grab a fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain -
8. Splash Mountain - so fun! Sit in the front if you want to get drenched with water. We got lucky and got seats in the back but also got our faces covered in the picture because the lady in front of us decided to be a hoe and put her hands up right over us. We had an epic pose too *rolling my eyes*
9. Star Wars: Galaxy Edge - this town is AMAZING! LIKE WOW! You're in a whole new world. There is no Fastpass for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run so we had to bite the bullet and stand in a 70 min line with a person who had rancid BO. The ride was pretty awesome though. You work as a team with 2 pilots, 2 gunners and 2 engineers. Ashton and I were pilots and a 10 year old kid even complimented us on our steering. Hondo Ohnaka is the intro and seemed so real it was incredible. Note: This is all stimulation so beware if you get motion sickness (me).
- go eat again and take a 30 min break because you're probably still feeling some motion sickness from Star Wars and have been on you're feet for 7 hours - sidenote: saw a mom drop a half eaten apple, wipe it off and then feed it to her kids #health. Also got to see a bit of the parade with a bunch of Disney characters - perfect timing.
10. Big Thunder Mountain - not my favorite ride, but a classic.
- check if Pooh Bear is available for a photo again -
11. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - really fun ride, shockingly. Just keep shooting, don't stop.
12. Matterhorn Bobsleds - this is where being 2 cute girls with birthdays comes in handy. If you're not, then you're shit out of luck. This ride had a 2 hour wait time - not happening. It was already 5:30 PM and we were hungry again, or at least I was. We went to the Fastpass area and accidentally got Fastpass for It's a Small World... boo. Told the worker at Matterhorn to take off the Fastpass for Small World since we didn't want to waste our time with that BS. He did and said "here, take a Fastpass for Matterhorn, it's your birthday you get to do what you want" WINNING! Turns out the ride actually sucked. I'm so glad we didn't waste our time waiting in line for the 1 min ride of lameness.
- walk through Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown -
13. Mad Tea Party - Ashton got groped by a 4 year old kid 5 times. The first 4 we thought were accidents, it was apparent by the 5th grope it was not. After the mom forced the kid to apologize all she could say was, "at least it wasn't a grown man...". True.
14. Peter Pan's Flight - a good ending. Waited a bit longer than we wanted to for the ride, but got to brush up on our teen slang. #skurt
bring a phone charger
bring money because they take it all - churros are $4.75..HOW SWAY?!?
get there at opening
We ended up eating at Downtown Disney Ballast point. It was an hour and a half wait, but if you can snag a seat at the bar or patio you can order immediately. Either I was starving or they served a delicious burger. Ashton had burrito with fries in it for the first time and inhaled it, BOMB food.
Thanks to everyone who gave tips on how to handle Disneyland. We did our best. The only thing I wish I would've experienced more of was the food, but I couldn't handle anymore delicious trash food. Needed some FOOD FOOD in my system. Also missed out on the Dole Whip soft serve because of that, even though almost everyone recommended it.